Welcome to Crystal Springs Water District (CSWD)


The Crystal Springs Water District is an Oregon municipal corporation operating under Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS) to provide domestic water.  

The Crystal Springs Water District was formed in 1963 when the privately owned Crystal Springs Water Company was dissolved. The Water Company was originally formed in 1930.  When reorganization took place in the early 1960's, the newly incorporated Crystal Springs Water District, through Hood River County, applied for financial assistance through the Federal Urban Planning grant program to develop an overall water supply plan to provide for future water needs of the District.

The 1963 plan recommended several improvements, which have been completed, including a new intake at Crystal Springs, two water storage reservoirs, pressure regulating facilities, and transmission mains which are in service today.  The current plan enhances the orginal plan through continuously improving the transmission mains and adding labor reducing wireless radios to read existing meters.

The water is supplied from a spring on the northern slopes of Mt. Hood.